- 5 cups granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise & scraped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1+ cup caramel sauce
- Toss the apples with the sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and nutmeg.
- Mix the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter in a large bowl until it forms crumbs.
- Place the apple mixture into an 8×8 inch baking dish and pour the topping on.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until it is bubbling and the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
Source : Closet Cooking
– See more at: http://www.kusinamaster.net/2014/10/vanilla-apple-crisp-with-caramel-sauce.html#sthash.C7lCk63f.dpuf