- 1 kilo cleaned medium-sized clams. Soak in tap water inside ref for 1 hour to breath and spit out sea grimes and sand. (Any clam that has open valves during soaking process MUST be discarded.)
Sauteing & Steaming Mix:
- 20 ml. palm or soya oil
- 5 cloves crushed garlic-chopped finely
- 1 medium sliced red or white onion
- 30 ml. ginger juice
- 2 grams salt
- 2 grams white pepper powder
- 1 small bunch “malunggay leaves” (moringa oleifera leaves)
- 400 ml. tap water
- Heat oil using the steamer cooking vat (the bottom part).
- Brown garlic and sliced onion. Add in ginger juice, salt and pepper. Toss and tumble.
- Pour in water and bring to boil. Once boiling starts, add in “malunggay leaves”, arrange clams unto top slotted pan
- and steam for 10 minutes or once valves open-up continue steaming for another 30 seconds. DONE.
- Arrange, pour in little broth unto open valves, garnish and serve. Steamer broth MUST be in separate soup bowl by the side.
Source: The Food Critic