Yummy but healthy. Who doesn’t want that? Pinoy Easy Recipes is here to present you with the top 10 yummy veggie recipes that you can cook for your family and friends. Happy cooking and munching everyone!
1. Kangkong and Tokwa in Oyster Sauce
- 2 bundles kangkong leaves (water spinach)
- 5 squares tokwa (tofu), cut into small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (60g) oyster sauce
- cooking oil
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Add the tofu then fry until it turns light brown. Remove from heat. Drain excess oil then set aside.
- Heat about 3 tbsp of cooking oil in a pan. Add the garlic then sauté until light brown.
- Add onion then sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the kangkong leaves, sugar, salt, and ground black pepper. Stir and cook the kangkong leaves for about 2 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce then stir.
- Finally, add the fried tofu. Stir then remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate/bowl. Garnish with toasted garlic if desired.
- Serve and enjoy your kangkong and tokwa in oyster sauce!
2. Buttered Corn and Carrots
- 1 regular can corn kernels
- 1 medium sized carrot (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a heated pan, melt the butter.
- Sauté minced garlic and onion in the melted butter.
- Add-in the chopped carrots. Stir and cook for 3 minutes (medium heat).
- Add-in the corn kernels. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes (medium heat).
- Season with salt & pepper. Stir then remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy your buttered corn & carrots!