10. Hardinera Recipe
- 3 tbsps oil
- 4 tbsps butter
- 1 pc white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 kilo pork tenderloin, diced into cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup sweet pickles, diced
- 1 cup canned spiced ham
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 pc red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small can liver spread
- ½ – 1 cup Quezo de Bola, grated
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 pcs eggs
- Banana leaves, softened and cut according to the shape of llanera
- 2-3 pcs hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 3-4 pcs pineapple slices
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into fine strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into fine strips
- Line the llanera with softened banana leaves. Brush the leaf with butter, set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté onions, let it caramelize and add the garlic.
- Add the pork and sauté until it changes color. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomato sauce, sauté for two minutes then add chicken broth, let it simmer until the pork is tender and the sauce has been reduced.
- Remove from heat and let it cool then drain excess sauce.
- Arrange the slices of hard-boiled eggs, pineapple slices, red and green bell pepper strips into the prepared llaneras.