We Filipinos love pork! Occasions like birthday party, fiesta, or wedding is not complete without a pork dish. So here, we present to you the top 10 pork recipes that you must learn to cook!
1. Pork Siomai Recipe
Servings: 24 pieces of pork siomai
- 1 kl. ground pork
- 1/3 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/3 cup singkamas (turnip), chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup spring onions, chopped
- 3 tbsps. sesame oil
- 5 tbsps. oyster sauce
- 2 tsps. white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 24 pcs. siomai wrappers
- cooking oilFor the dipping sauce:
For the dipping sauce:
- Soy sauce
- Calamansi Juice
- Toasted Garlic Bits
- In a mixing bowl, pour-in the ground pork, carrots, turnip, onion and spring onions then mix thoroughly.
- Add-in the sesame oil, oyster sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and egg then mix thoroughly.
- Spoon 1 tbsp. of the prepared mixture into each siomai wrapper. Dab water on the edges of the wrapper to seal the siomai. Repeat this step until all of the mixture is used.
- Place the siomai pieces in a steamer brushed with cooking oil.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make a dipping sauce by mixing soy sauce, calamansi juice & toasted garlic bits. (The amount of ingredients for the sauce is according to your preference.)
- Serve hot and enjoy your pork siomai!