This dish is definitely scrumptious but very simple to prepare! Tofu and Mushroom Teriyaki will be one of your favorites from now on!
Serves: 4 to 8
- 2 (300g) blocks Japanese firm tofu, quartered
- 6 to 8 dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated, drained, and sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce (like Kikkoman available in stores)
- 4 stalks chives or green onions, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, put 1/2 cup water, teriyaki sauce, mushrooms, and ginger. Simmer for about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Season tofu with salt and pepper. Grill tofu on all sides, until light brown.
- Transfer tofu to a serving dish. Pour teriyaki-mushroom sauce over. Garnish with chives and sesame seeds, if desired. Drizzle with sesame oil.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your tofu and mushroom teriyaki!