The all-time favorite chicken soup dish of Filipinos is the Tinolang Manok. It is tasty and will definitely give you a warm and cozy feeling.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 pc small green papaya, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 ginger, sliced
- Hot pepper leaves
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 36 ounces rice washing
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Sauté the ginger, onion & garlic until fragrant.
- Put in the chicken and cook until the color turns light brown.
- Pour in the rice washing & fish sauce. Mix well and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the green papaya wedges and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add salt, pepper, chicken broth cube & hot pepper leaves. Stir well.
- Serve hot and enjoy your tinolang manok!
Tinolang Manok recipe video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!