- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/8 cup tequila
- Grated zest of 1 lime (optional)
- 1 Tbsp minced gatlic
- 1 Tbsp minced shallot(s)
- Habanero flakes to taste (or cayenne, or hot sauce)
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- Mix together all ingredients and place in a zipper bag and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the chicken and marinade, in a frying pan over medium heat, until excess liquid evaporates (just a few minutes) and the garlic and shallots are cooked and fragrant
- Serve chicken atop lettuce and tortilla chips with your favorite toppings. I used cilantro, green onions, tomatoes, jalapeños (for my husband), and guacamole.
- Serves 2. Finish with a shot of tequila or a Margarita 🙂
Source : Joybee What’s For Dinner