Making your favorite ramen at home is really possible! Especially these days, Japanese ingredients are getting easier to find in local markets and online shops. The cooking procedure is simple, you can master it in no time!
- 300g fresh ramen noodles
- 250g pork belly, sliced 1 1/2” thick
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 stalks onion leeks, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chili bean paste (Doubanjiang)
- water for boiling noodles
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Japanese miso
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup slices of narutomaki
- 1 package nori
- In a medium saucepan, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic then sauté until fragrant.
- Add chili bean paste and stir.
- Add the meat and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook until wilted.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Using a fine sieve, strain out scum if necessary.
- Lower the heat to medium-low then add miso and soy sauce to the soup. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion leeks and rice vinegar. Turn off the heat then set aside.
- For the noodle, cook them in boiling water. When done, drain completely and place in ice-cold water.
- Prepare the toppings.
- Divide the noodles into bowls. Serve all the toppings on the noodles or on a separate plate.
- Pour the hot soup into the bowl. Serve and enjoy your special ramen!
You might like this recipe too: Maki Mi Soup Recipe