Who will not be salivating if you see a squid being grilled? You would probably want to grab that stick of goodness! What more if it is stuffed with tomatoes, spices, and cheese! Yes, cheese! Some would say that it would make things off, but do not judge until you have tried it, we say. It is tasty! Tangy, cheesy, squishy, moist. Oops! Do not overcook your squid. It will be tough to eat, and you will not like that. You can also try dipping it in spicy vinegar. And oh, it is also best paired with your steamed rice!
- 3 pcs. medium to large squid (cleaned)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 lemon or 2 pcs. calamansi (juiced)
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- 1 large sweet onion (minced)
- 2 pcs. chili (minced)
- 1 medium garlic (minced)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, put all the ingredients except the squid.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Stuff the squid with the prepared mixture.
- Grill the squid for 6 to 8 mins. per side.
- Remove from the grill when cooked.
- Slice the squid crosswise then serve with a dipping sauce. Enjoy!
For the dipping sauce recipe go here: Pinoy-Style Dipping Sauce Recipe
Special Inihaw na Pusit (Grilled Pusit) Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!