Your family will surely love this Sotanghon Guisado recipe! A tasty stir-fried noodle dish with chicken, shrimp, and fresh vegetables!
- 250g of dry sotanghon (Vermicelli) noodles
- 250g chicken breast
- 200g shrimp, skin removed
- 1 head small garlic, minced
- 1 pc small onion, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup tengang daga (mushrooms), soaked in water to soften
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup snow peas, sliced
- 1 tbsp atsuete (annatto) powder
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- Put the chicken in a pot and cover it with two inches of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, soak the pancit sotanghon noodles in warm water for 10 minutes or until soft.
- When the chicken is done, remove it from the pot and let it cool.
- Strain the broth and set it aside.
- Remove chicken skin and cut meat into thin strips.
- In a wok or skillet, heat the oil.
- Sauté the garlic and onion until soft.
- Add the shrimp, and cook until pink.
- Add the chicken meat and stir-fry.
- Add tengang daga (mushrooms).
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in the carrots and snow peas. Cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the pancit sotanghon noodles.
- Season with soy sauce and fish sauce.
- Simmer until the noodles are heated through, about one minute.
- Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Garnish with green onion slices.
- Serve and enjoy your sotanghon guisado recipe!
You might like this recipe too: Sautéed Togue and Tofu Recipe