- Your favorite pancake recipe
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Jumbo marshmallows
- Chocolate syrup
- Mix up your favorite pancake recipe or mix. I used a basic buttermilk recipe and threw in a handful (okay, fine. TWO handfuls.) of chocolate chips. Cook as directed, aiming for pancakes that are about 3″-4″ in diameter. You have two options for melting your jumbo marshmallow:
- Put the marshmallow on a skewer and toast it over a low gas burner on your stove until it is golden brown and melted all the way through.
- Place the marshmallow on top of one pancake and microwave for 20-30 seconds on High. Keep an eye on it, because it will expand quite a lot this way! Sandwich the toasted/melted marshmallow between two pancakes and smoosh it down so all that gooey goodness comes squishing out of the sides just a bit. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and gobble it up! Go clean your face. You’ve got chocolate and marshmallow all over your chin!
Source: Recipes at Cheryl’s Home