Don’t want to eat pork or beef but craving for sinigang? You can try this recipe of Sinigang na Manok (Chicken in Sour Soup)!
- 1 whole chicken cut in portion
- 2 packets of Knorr Sinigang Mix
- ¼ kilo of strings beans
- ½ kilo of eggplant
- 5 pcs of green chili (not spicy)
- Fish sauce (measurement according to your taste)
- 1 ginger medium-size or according to your taste
- Sliced 5 tomatoes
- 1 whole big onion
- 2.5 liters of water
- In a pot, boil the water. When the water boils, pour the cut chicken, onions, ginger, and tomatoes.
- When the chicken is tender, pour 1 packet of the Knorr sinigang mix and taste. If the taste is less sour, add more Knorr sinigang mix until you are satisfied with the sourness of the soup. The technique of getting the taste you would like when cooking is don’t put too many sauces, salt, etc. You can adjust the taste easily if you add bit by bit until you like the taste.
- Add the fish sauce to balance the taste.
- When the chicken is tender, add the string beans, eggplant, and green chili. It is up to you if you want the veggies to be half-cooked or fully cooked.
- Serve while hot and enjoy your Sinigang na Manok!