Sinanglay na tilapia is a dish that originated from the Bicol region. Tilapia fish is stuffed with fresh tomato, onion, ginger, and garlic, and then cooked in delicious coconut milk.
- 6 pcs tilapia fish
- 5 pcs tomatoes, minced
- 3 pcs small onions. minced
- 1 pc thumb–size ginger, minced
- 2 pcs bird’s eye chili ( siling labuyo), sliced
- 1 bundle pechay
- 3 cups coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Gut and wash the tilapia. Rinse well. Create an incision on the back of the tilapia sizable enough to stuff into.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, ginger, and siling labuyo. Mix well.
- Stuff the tomato mixture into the fish.
- Wrap each fish in the pechay leaves.
- Place the fish in a shallow pan or skillet. Pour in the coconut milk and allow it to boil.
- When it is already boiling, lower the heat and allow it to simmer for half an hour more or until the fish is done. Season with salt if needed.
- Serve and enjoy your sinanglay na tilapia!
You might like this recipe too: Pinaputok na Tilapia Recipe