Sinampalukang Manok is a Filipino chicken soup dish. It is known for its sour taste because of its tamarind flavor.
- 1 kg chicken legs
- half head cabbage
- 1 bunch string green beans
- handful of tamarind leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks lemon grass, sliced
- 1 packet sinigang sa sampalok mix
- fish sauce
- In a pot combine together chicken, tomatoes, tamarind leaves, lemon grass, and onions; pour enough water to cover the chicken. Bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add string beans, cabbage, and sinigang mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, season with fish sauce if needed then serve.
Source : Ang Sarap