I can eat this savory garlic shrimp pasta all day!😍
- 1 lb fettucini or spaghetti pasta (more or less, according to your preference)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced (more or less, according to your preference)
- 1/4 cup butter
- olive oil (3 drizzles)
- Italian seasoning, according to taste
- red pepper flakes, according to taste
- herbs, according to taste (ex. basil, parsley, bay leaves, etc.)
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Boil pasta with olive oil, salt, and herbs in water until tender. Save 1 cup of pasta water for use later. Drain and set aside when done.
- While waiting for the pasta to cook, rinse the shrimp.
- In a pan or skillet, melt the butter under medium heat then add the shrimp.
- Cook until the shrimp starts to curl and becomes a little pinkish.
- Add in the garlic and some oil. Stir and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add in the cooked pasta and the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle enough saved pasta water until it is not dry (not too much, about 1/2 cup or less depending on the amount of pasta).
- Keep tossing pasta in your pan or skillet until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese on top (optional) and enjoy your garlic shrimp pasta!