- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 4 cloves garlic
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 1 (2-1/2-pound) boneless turkey breast with skin
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices sprouted wheat bread
- 1 medium red onion medium, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces havarti cheese
- 2 bunches watercress
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Toast pine nuts about 5 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove and cool. Raise oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Combine basil, garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, and pine nuts in a food processor. Turn on processor and add olive oil in a slow stream until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Set pesto aside.
- Oil a roasting pan and set it aside. Season turkey with salt and pepper. Transfer the breast to the roasting pan skin side down and cook for 10 minutes. Decrease temperature to 375 degrees. Let roast for 25 minutes. Turnover. Rub skin with butter. Roast for an additional 25 minutes, or until thermometer reaches 170 degrees in the thickest part of the turkey. Remove from oven. Cover with foil, let rest for 15 minutes. Cut into slices.
- Brush wheat bread with pesto. Add red onions, turkey, havarti cheese, and watercress. Cut sandwich in half and serve with German or standard potato salad.
Source : Spoonful