Rellenong Manok is a dish that is often served as a special occasion meal. It is an impressive–looking dish that is perfect for impressing guests. The combination of flavors and textures makes it a really enjoyable dish that is sure to be a hit!
- 1 large whole chicken, deboned
- 400g minced pork
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 3 pcs chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 stalks spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp pickle relish
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Season chicken inside and out with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and set aside at room temperature for 2 hrs.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients except for the hard-boiled eggs, lemon, and butter.
- Put stuffing into the cavity placing hard-boiled eggs in the center. Pull the excess skin in the cavity and secure the filling with excess skin.
- Place chicken in a roasting rack then roast in a 180C preheated oven for 1hr and 35 minutes. Mix butter and lemon together then baste the chicken with the mixture once every 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and set it aside for at least 15 minutes prior to slicing and serving. Enjoy your rellenong manok!