- 6 egg yolks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 kilo white sugar
- In a frying pan or pot, mix the egg yolks, condensed milk, and vanilla until well blended.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat to prevent the mixture from burning.
- Using a metal spatula, stir the milk as if you are scraping the bottom of the pan. Stir constantly.
- This must be done continuously to avoid burning the milk and to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- The mixture is ready when it forms a ball. Let it cool.
- When cool, form the mixture into balls about 2 to 3 cm in diameter.
- Place the yema balls on a wide plate with white sugar then roll; once coated, pick up each ball with a toothpick. Set aside to cool.
- When cool, wrap the balls in cellophane and twist both ends to secure.