This version of puto is extra delicious and aromatic because of pandan. The color is pleasing too, so young and old will surely enjoy this!
(This recipe makes about 40pcs puto with bite-size molds)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup pandan water
- cheese for topping (optional)
- 1/4 tsp green coloring (optional)
- To make pandan water, you will need 2 pandan leaves and 2 cups of water. Boil the leaves until the flavors are infused into the water. (You may also use pandan extract available in the market.)
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients then beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the pandan water and continue beating until you achieve a smooth batter.
- Add the melted butter. Mix until the butter is fully incorporated into the mixture and you don’t see any traces of butter on the top layer.
- You may also add the green coloring at this point if desired. Mix until the color is totally infused into the batter and a balance has been achieved.
- Pour into the puto molds and steam for about 10-12 minutes. At about 8 minutes into the steaming time, add your cheese topping if desired.
- Turn off heat and remove from molds.
- Serve and enjoy your puto pandan!