Puto moulds or muffin pan
Measuring cups and spoons
Wooden spoon or wire whisk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cake flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 pcs. egg yolks
egg whites from 2 eggs
3/4 cup white sugar, divided
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. grated or quickmelt cheese (or more, depending on your preference)
1. In a medium mixing bowl, sift all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder and salt three times. Set aside.
2. Beat yolks until lemon colored. Add 1/2 cup sugar gradually and continue beating.
3. Fold in flour mixture to egg yolks alternately with water and milk. Add vanilla. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup white sugar and continue beating until stiff. Fold in egg batter. Blend well and pour mixture into the puto moulds or muffin pan.
5. Sprinkle grated cheese on top (or put slices of quickmelt cheese on top). Cover with cheesecloth. Steam for 30 minutes or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Serve and enjoy your puto cheese overload!