2 lbs pork shoulder, cut into 1/4 inch thickness
1 tbs kosher or table salt, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 head garlic, minced
2 tbs rice wine vinegar, I used cane vinegar
1 tbs soy sauce
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 tsp red food color, optional
1 tbs ground black pepper
1/4 cup vinegar(optional, to add before frying)
cooking oil for frying
1.Mix together the marinade and dissolve the sugar completely.
2. Pour the marinade and knead it into the meat to completely absorb.
3. Cover and leave inside the refrigerator to cure for 2-3 days.
4. When ready to cook, mix in the vinegar, then drain excess liquid.
5. Fry in cooking oil using medium heat.
6. Serve with garlic fried rice,and sunny side up egg with slices of tomatoes. Enjoy!