Pinoy pork steak or bistek is a traditional Filipino dish that is made with pork steak and marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, onions, and spices. It is usually served with a side of white rice or garlic-fried rice. A great meal for any occasion and can be enjoyed by all!
- 4 to 5 pieces pork chops
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- calamansi juice (from 2 pieces calamansi)
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tabelspoon sugar
- Some salt and pepper to taste
- Combine pork chops, calamansi juice, and soy sauce in a large bowl or pot. Marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a pan then pour in cooking oil.
- Fry the marinated pork chops for 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove excess oil. Pour in the remaining marinade and water. Simmer until the pork is tender. Add more water as needed.
- Add sugar, salt, pepper and onions. Stir and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Turn-off heat and serve. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more awesome recipe videos!
I want to have more knowledge in cooking. more recipe much better