Try this dinuguan with the delicious twist of coconut milk!
- 1 kg pork belly (chopped into small cubes)
- 2 cups pork blood
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 5 pcs bay leaves
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 pcs green finger chilis (siling haba)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp calamansi juice
- Season the meat with salt and calamansi juice.
- Use a strainer for the pig’s blood to remove clots (discard the clots). Set aside the blood in a bowl.
- In a pan, heat cooking oil. Saute onions and garlic over medium heat. Add the pork, and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Cover and let the meat cook for about 10 minutes, or until the water is almost dry.
- Add the coconut milk, vinegar, ground pepper, and bay leaves. Cover and let boil for about 5 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the pork blood. Continuously stir while you pour in the blood to avoid curdling.
- Let boil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes more.
- Turn off the heat. Serve and enjoy your dinuguan sa gata!
This is good for about 10 people. You may serve this with “puto” or rice cakes.
You might like this recipe too: Crispy Dinuguan Recipe