Pork afritada is a tasty, hearty dish that is sure to be a hit with the family. It can be served as a main dish along with steamed white rice. The flavorful tomato sauce and tender pork make this dish a true crowd-pleaser.
- 1 1/2 lbs. pork, chopped
- 1 big carrot, cut into wedges
- 1 big potato, cut into wedges
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves (laurel)
- 1 cup beef or pork broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add the pork and sauté until the outer parts are cooked. (Approximately 5 minutes)
- Add the water, tomato sauce, beef broth & bay leaves. Stir and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until the pork is tender. Add more water if needed.
- Add the carrots and potatoes. Stir and simmer for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Pork Afritada!
Pork Afritada recipe video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!