This Pininyahang Manok Recipe dish is one of the commonly served in the Filipino tables for meal. This is very simple yet very tasty and easy to make. this recipe is cooked just like the Chicken Pastel and rich tasting like Chicken Sopas but with pineapple and creamy just like the Chicken curry. It is made with other ingredients aside from the chicken such as pineapple chunks, garlic, onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, carrots, fish sauce, fresh milk, and cooking oil. There are some variations of this dish and the obvious difference is the use of fresh/evaporated milk over coconut milk or vice versa. I would say that both variations will yield good results though here fresh milk is used in this recipe. Surely, you and your family will enjoy this savoring dish. In addition, the pineapple provides a good source of fiber so you don’t just have a delicious dish but you also have healthy food. Perfect to serve with rice as a side dish. Now try this recipe and enjoy its creamy, meaty and delectable taste. Happy cooking!
- 2 lbs. chicken, cut into serving portions
- 12 ounces pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, cut into thick strips
- 1 medium-sized carrot, wedged
- 21/2 tbsp. fish sauce (patis)
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- Marinate the chicken in pineapple juice for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour the cooking oil into a cooking pot then apply heat.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and tomatoes.
- Put in the chicken and cook until it becomes light brown.
- Add the pineapple juice marinade and fresh milk then bring to a boil.
- Add the pineapple chunks and simmer for about 20 to 30 mins. until the chicken is tender.
- Put in the carrots and bell pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce (patis) then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the cooking pot and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve hot and enjoy your pininyahang manok!
Pininyahang Manok Recipe video:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more awesome videos!