Pinaputok na tilapia is a simple dish yet bursting in flavor! The fish is stuffed with a generous amount of tomatoes and onion and then grilled while wrapped in banana leaves.
- 1 big tilapia, cleaned
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- spring onions chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- butter (for greasing banana leaves)
- banana leaves
- Clean the tilapia and make a slit on the side. Deepen and widen the cut along tilapia belly by using a sharp pointed knife.
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish including the stomach/belly with salt. Set aside.
- Mix the soy sauce, chopped onions and tomatoes in a bowl.
- Fill the mixture to tilapia belly.
- Wrap the fish tightly with the greased banana leaves. Grill the fish for about 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side.
- Serve with rice and toyomansi sauce. Enjoy your pinaputok na tilapia!
You might like this recipe too: Tilapia with Tomato Sauce Recipe