Large milkfish stuffed with fresh tomatoes, onion, and ginger then grilled to perfection! This recipe of pinaputok na bangus is perfect for your next outing or special lunch at home.
- 1 pc large milkfish (must keep the scales intact)
- 2 pcs tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 2 pcs onions, chopped finely
- 1 thumb-size ginger, chopped into small pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Clean the bangus (milkfish) but don’t remove the scales. Slice the back of the milkfish and remove the stomach fat. Rub salt and pepper on the external and internal part of the milkfish.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl mix the onion, ginger, tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Put the mixed ingredients into the sliced back of the milkfish. On each side grill the milkfish over charcoal for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve while it’s hot with soy sauce and calamansi. Enjoy your pinaputok na bangus!
You might like this recipe too: Special Inihaw na Pusit Recipe