This traditional Filipino recipe is easy to cook. It is known for its sour and salty taste which is perfect when paired with steamed rice.
- 1 kg fresh fish of your choice (galunggong, hiwas, or sapsap)
- 2 tbsp salt
- 6 pcs tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized onion, quartered
- ½ kg tamarind, boiled then mashed to get the pulp
- Gut the fish. Rub with salt, rinse then allow to dry. Slice each fish into two pieces and set aside.
- In a pot, pour in water, add the onion, tomatoes, and then the fish. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Add the tamarind sour mash. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your pinangat na isda!
You might like this recipe too: Paksiw na Tulingan Recipe