Pinya kangkong is a healthy and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Adding pineapple is a great way to give some color and flavor to the usual ginisang kangkong.
- 1 1/2 bunches kangkong (leaves and tender stalks only)
- 1 pouch (115 grams) Del Monte Pineapple Tidbits (drained, reserve syrup)
- 1 tbsp garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbsps onion (sliced)
- 1/2 tbsp bagoong alamang
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds (toasted)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Pineapple syrup
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (for sauteing)
- Saute half of the garlic until golden brown. Set aside (this is for topping).
- Saute garlic, onion, and alamang for about 2 minutes.
- Add pineapple syrup, pepper, and kangkong. Simmer, uncovered until almost cooked.
- Add Del Monte Pineapple Tidbits. Simmer for 5 minutes then top with sesame seeds & fried garlic.
- Serve and enjoy your Pinya Kangkong!
You might like this recipe too: Kangkong & Tokwa in Oyster Sauce Recipe