One of the favorite pork dish of Filipinos is this pata tim that uses the pig’s leg as its main ingredient. This recipe is considered a Filipino-Chinese dish. Well, most people think that Pata Tim is so difficult to cook, but the truth is in the contrary this is very easy, simple and convenient. This oh-so-tender meat will surely make you get another one as it melts in your mouth. Aside from the pork, it also uses another flavorings and ingredients such as soy sauce, pineapple juice, oyster sauce, garlic, rice wine, pepper corns, red onion, bay leaves and lettuce. For the sauce, the pata broth, cornstarch, and salt and pepper to taste are used. You now have your delicious pork dish. So you can save this recipe for your next to cook during those fast breaks and even for packed lunch for office or school. Just prepare the ingredients beforehand for more convenience. Preparing this dish will surely make your dinning delightful, your family and love ones will love it.
- 1 kilo pork’s leg (pata)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup oyster sauce
- 5 cloves garlic; crushed
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon pepper corns
- 1 red onion; chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- Lettuce (fried in 2 minutes)
- 1 cup broth of pata
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- In a stock pot with enough water, simmer the pork pata with all the ingredients until the meat is tender.
- Add hot water if necessary to replace the evaporated liquid.
- Drain and cut the meat from one side and separate the bones. Save 1 cup of broth.
- Place lettuce in a platter. Put the pata over the lettuce. Set aside.
Pata Tim Sauce
- In a skillet, combine broth, cornstarch, and salt to taste. Bring to boil until sauce becomes thick.
- Pour the sauce on top of the pata. Serve hot!