This is a no-meat pancit recipe. Togue (mung bean sprouts) goes well with pancit canton and other vegetables. You must try this!
- ½ kg pancit canton (thick egg noodles)
- ½ kg togue (mung bean sprouts)
- 1 pc large carrot, cut into strips
- 1 pc sayote (chayote squash), cut into strips
- 2 pcs onions, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ kg cabbage, shredded
- 1 pc broth cube
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- In a pan, heat the cooking oil. Sauté the garlic and onions, and add the veggies (carrots, cabbage, and chayote).
- Add water and put in the broth cube. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pancit canton and cover for a minute.
- Put in the mung bean sprouts, mix together all the ingredients. Put in soy sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Don’t overcook the pancit.
- Serve and enjoy your pancit canton with togue!
You might like this recipe too: Pancit Bihon Recipe