Try this budget-friendly yet flavorful recipe of Pancit ala Pobre! It is so simple to cook with few ingredients compared to other pancit recipes. Usually, when a dish is named ‘Ala Pobre’, it means that the dish is cooked with a lot of garlic, but it may also suggest that the dish is easy to cook and uses cheap ingredients.
- 200g bihon noodles
- 1/3 cup margarine (Dari Creme)
- 1/2 cup garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 pcs chicken broth cubes
- 4 cups water
- ground black pepper, to taste
- fish sauce, to taste
- Pour water in a pot or deep pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken broth cubes. Bring to a boil and let the broth cubes dissolve. Stir well.
- Add the bihon noodles. Cook until the noodles are tender. Remove bihon from heat, drain, and set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until toasted. (Reserve some toasted garlic for toppings)
- Add the green onions. (Reserve some for toppings)
- Add the cooked bihon noodles, pepper, and fish sauce. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with toasted garlic and chopped green onions.
- Serve and enjoy your pancit ala pobre!
Pancit ala Pobre Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
You might like this recipe too: Pancit Canton Recipe