- potatoes – 4medium
- garlic paste – 2tsp
- chili powder – 1tsp
- chopped spinach/dill – 1/2cup
- lemon juice/ dry mango powder – 1tsp
- corn flour – 2tbsp
- salt – as per taste
- oil – for shallow frying
- whole meal dinner rolls – as required
- salad slices/shavings of your choice (cucumber, avocado, carrot,tomato)
- lettuce leaves – as required
- mint /avocado spread – to spread
- Boil the potatoes, cool, peel and mash into a bowl.
- Add chilli powder, garlic paste, chopped spinach, salt, lemon juice and mix well to form a dough consistency.
- Divide the potato mixture to 8-10 equal portions and shape each portion into a cylindrical shape. Flatten to further shape into a rectangular stick (as flat it is helps to cook inside)
- Heat a non-stick tawa/griddle- grease some oil and place 4 of the patty sticks at a time, cook evenly both sides until golden brown . repeat with remaining sticks.
- This can be served as it is with green chutney/ketchup and salad.
To make dinner rolls:
- Toast dinner rolls in pre-heated oven/ grill for 4-5mins or as per the instruction.
- Slice down the center to fill.
- Add generous slathering of mint/avocado/ any spread of your choice.
- Place shallow fried patty, thinly sliced tomato, onion, cucumber or any salads of your choice.
- Finally top with lettuce and serve.
- Choose veggies as per your choice
- Drizzle some cheese / spread while toasting if preferred
- Can use bread for binding instead of corn flour for patties
Source: Chitra’s Healthy Kitchen