Palitaw is a delicious Filipino delicacy that is mainly served during snack time. It is named “palitaw” because you can tell that it is cooked when it floats or rises to the surface of the boiling water.
- 1 kg galapong malagkit (glutinous rice dough)
- 1 pc coconut, meat grated
- ½ kg sugar
- Sesame seeds, toasted
- Divide the galapong into several portions, depending on the size of serving you desire.
- Roll each portion into a ball and flatten it to make a tongue-like shape.
- Boil some water. While the water is boiling, drop each of the galapong portions. It is cooked when it surfaces or floats.
- Remove each cooked portion. Allow to cool.
- Dredge in grated coconut and sprinkle with sugar mixed with toasted sesame seeds before serving.
- Serve and enjoy your palitaw!
You might like this recipe too: Kutsinta Recipe