Chowking-Style Orange Chicken recipe video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
2 lbs. boneless chicken breast, cubed
1 raw egg, beaten
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. cornstarch (diluted in 2 tbsp water)
Cooking oil for deep-frying
1 cup water
4 tbsp. orange juice
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1. In a container, put-in the flour, salt and ground black pepper then mix well.
2. Dip the chicken on the beaten egg and place inside the container with the flour mixture.
3. Close the container and shake until the chicken is evenly coated with the flour mixture.
4. Deep fry the chicken until the color turns golden brown then set aside.
5. In a pan/pot, put-in the water, soy sauce, vinegar and orange juice then bring to a boil.
6. Add the garlic and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add the sugar and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
8. Put-in the diluted cornstarch and green onions then mix well.
9. Add the deep-fried chicken and cook until sauce nearly evaporates.
10. Serve hot and enjoy your orange chicken!