This delicious recipe is inspired by Chowking’s orange chicken.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 raw egg, beaten
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (diluted in 2 tbsp water)
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Cooking oil, for deep-frying
- In a container, put in the flour, salt, and ground black pepper then mix well.
- Dip the chicken into the beaten egg and place it inside the container with the flour mixture.
- Close the container and shake until the chicken is evenly coated with the flour mixture.
- Deep fry the chicken until the color turns golden brown then set aside.
- In a pan/pot, put in the water, soy sauce, vinegar, and orange juice then bring to a boil.
- Add the garlic and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put in the diluted cornstarch and green onions then mix well.
- Add the deep-fried chicken and cook until the sauce nearly evaporates.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Chowking-Style Orange Chicken!
Chowking-Style Orange Chicken recipe video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!