For the Crust:
- 18 Oreo cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
For the Topping (optional):
- Extra sweetened whipped cream
- Crushed oreos or chocolate curls
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Evenly divide the crumbs between your individual serving dishes and press into the bottoms of the dishes to form a crust layer. Glass dessert cups work well for this, as well as mini-trifle dishes; you could also use a mini-cheesecake pan or simply small glass bowls.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and smooth. Add the nutella and mix until combined and smooth. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- In another medium/large bowl, whip the cream and powdered sugar together until medium to stiff peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese/nutella mixture until well blended and no streaks remain.
- Spoon the filling into individual serving dishes on top of the crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving, at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping, chocolate shavings, and/or toasted, chopped hazelnuts.