This is a simple soup dish yet full of nutrients. According to WebMD website, moringa or malunggay leaves have 7 times more vitamin C than oranges and 15 times more potassium than bananas.
- 2 cups moringa leaves
- 500 grams chicken
- 30 grams ginger (sliced)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 liter water
- 1 tbsp salt (OR according to your taste preference)
- 1 tsp ground pepper (OR according to your taste preference)
- Add water to the kettle. Add the chicken, onions, ginger, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the moringa leaves and cook for 1 minute. Do not overcook the leaves to preserve the nutrients.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Moringa Soup!
Try this recipe that uses malunggay too: Moringa Cucumber Lemonade Recipe