- Misua (around 2 bundles will do)
- 1/2 onion, finely sliced into half-moons
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Equal amount of ginger, cut in small matchsticks
- Sayote (around 2)
- Fish sauce and pepper
- Saute the garlic in oil then add onion and ginger.
- When the onion turns translucent, add the stock or water along with salt/patis and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
- Add the sayote (cut in 1 in squares or to your liking) and simmer soup until sayote is tender.
- Add the misua and stir, being careful not to let the misua get stuck to each other (otherwise you get a nice sticky ricey mess).
- Allow to sit for a couple of minutes.
- Serve hot.