Cheesy and meaty, exactly what we like in our pasta dish!
- 1 lb ground beef or pork
- 500 grams of macaroni pasta
- 4 Vienna sausage, chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of beef stock or water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 thick slices quick melt cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- cooking oil
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Place the onion, garlic, and red bell pepper into the pan. Saute them over medium heat until they are fragrant.
- Place the ground beef and sausage in. Fry them until the beef browns – 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, and sugar. Season it with salt and pepper. Stir until everything is well combined. Add in the beef stock and stir once more. Place a lid over the top, reduce the heat to low, and allow it to simmer for 30 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before the sauce is finished simmering, boil the macaroni noodles according to package instructions.
- When the sauce has finished simmering, add in the milk and cheddar cheese. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Add in the macaroni noodles. Stir and toss until the noodles are completely covered.
- Place the meat and cheese macaroni on a plate, top with your favorite cheese. Serve and enjoy your meat and cheese macaroni!