- 3 pieces fully cleaned chicken leg (thigh attached)
- 1 bottle Sprite or 7-Up
- 5 grams salt (table or sea)
- 3 grams ground black pepper
- 3 grams nutmeg powder
- 3 grams coriander powder
- 3 grams Spanish paprika
- 5 grams garlic powder
- 3 grams onion powder
- optional 2 grams MSG
- enough soya or palm oil to cover even half of chicken during deep frying
Notes & Other Optionals:
- Should you wish, in lieu of soda, pineapple juice, white wine or red wine (never mind the red color, it’s art) can be utilized.
- If you wish a bit piquant fried chix, you can add 5 ml. of Tabasco sauce in the marinade.
- Before deep frying you may opt to “bread” your marinated chicken first.
- Never ending options are available for you guys to create your signature fried chicken.
- In suitable container, add to Sprite (7-Up) salt, pepper, nutmeg, coriander, paprika, garlic, onion and the OPTIONAL MSG. Stir and dissolve well these powder ingredients.
- Put slits on opposite side (inner part) of leg’s skin. This will ensure full penetration of marinade.
- Skin up, line chix legs and marinate in ref (NOT FREEZER as liquid will turn to ice in few minutes) for 1 hour. Turn to other side after the first 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to attain 350deg.F (176deg.C). Without draining marinade, cover container with foil. Pop into oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Pour oil unto deep fryer and heat under medium setting.
- Thinly coat chicken with your OPTIONAL breading or fry directly until desired done-ness is attained. DONE.
Normally, since chix’ liquid marinade is soda containing high percentage of sugar, caramelization (browning) happens at shorter frying time. No worry as chicken has been pre-cooked via oven and you can be assured of a very juicy flesh. Your breading will yield you crispy skin after deep frying, but without such, you have a different presentation.
Source: The Food Critic