Learn how to make this special turon. One of the most favorite snacks of Filipinos!
- Spring roll (lumpia) wrapper
- Ripe plantains (saba), sliced into half
- Brown sugar
- Sweetened jackfruit (langka)
- Cooking oil, for deep frying
Preparation of the sweetened jackfruit:
- In a saucepan, boil 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Add 1 cup sugar and 3 cups of washed jackfruit pieces.
- Cook until the sugar turns into syrup.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Cooking the turon:
- Coat the saba slices with brown sugar.
- Place them in the lumpia wrapper (preferably two 2 saba slices in one wrapper).
- Add some sweetened jackfruit.
- Fold and lock the wrapper. Seal it by brushing some water at the edge of the wrapper.
- Place the finished ones on a plate or container. They are now ready for frying.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and add some brown sugar. Wait for the sugar to caramelize.
- Put in the turon. Fry until all sides turn golden brown and the sugar sticks into the wrapper.
- Remove from heat. Use a strainer to drain oil from the turon.
- Serve hot and enjoy your special turon!
Special Turon Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
You may also like >>> Banana Cue Recipe