Kamote cue is a popular Filipino snack made of sweet potatoes that are sliced, skewered, and deep-fried with caramelized brown sugar. It is a delicious and affordable street food that is commonly sold by vendors in the Philippines. The crispy exterior and soft interior of the sweet potato, combined with the sticky sweetness of the caramelized sugar, create a perfect balance of flavors and textures. Kamote cue is a perfect snack for any time of the day!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 pcs large-sized kamote, sliced
- Cooking oil, for deep frying
- bamboo sticks
- In a heated pan, put cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, put in the sliced kamote pieces.
- Deep fry the kamote pieces until the color turns light brown.
- Put-in the brown sugar.
- Mix while frying until all kamote pieces are coated with sugar.
- Remove from heat (use a strainer to drain oil from the kamote pieces).
- Skewer the kamote with the bamboo sticks (recommended: 3 pcs. per stick).
- Let them cool down for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your kamote cue!
Kamote Cue Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!