For the filling
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 100 g chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- 100 g prawns, peeled and chopped
- 500 g ubod, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 100 g Baguio beans, julienned
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 12 pcs medium – large size lumpia wrapper
- 12 pcs lettuce leaves
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sauté onions and garlic.
- Add chopped prawns and stir until it changes color.
- Add chicken and sauté for a few minutes.
- Stir in the ubod and carrots.
- Add shredded cabbage.
- Add enough chicken broth for the vegetables to become tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are just tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Wrap a portion of the filling and a lettuce leaf on a wrapper.
For the lumpia sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1-2 cups peanuts, toasted and ground
- 4 cloves garlic, minced finely
- Mix all the ingredients together, excluding the peanuts and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until thick.
- Remove from heat, then add the minced garlic.
- Serve with sprinkled ground peanuts.