- 1 (about 1.5kg) whole pork belly (without ribs)
- 2 tablespoons rock salt
- ½ Teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup Calamansi juice
- 1 head Garlic, peeled
- With a small knife, poke surface of skin in different places. Rub skin and flesh generously with salt and pepper. Let rest for about 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend calamansi juice and garlic until smooth. Pour mixture over pork belly and massage onto meat. Let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Roll pork belly, skin side up, into a tight log. Using kitchen twine, tie to secure shape. Place in a roasting pan and refrigerate, uncovered, overnight to dry out.
- In a 320 F oven, roast pork for about 4 to 5 hours. Increase temperature to 425 F and continue to roast for about 30 to 40 minutes or until skin is crisp. Remove from heat and allow to stand for about 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with lechon sauce or all around sarsa.