Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
2 lbs. pork belly
5 pcs. dried bay leaves (laurel)
2 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. whole peppercorns
2 medium-sized onions
3 cups cooking oil
34 ounces water
For the sauce:
1 tbsp. sugar
1 medium-sized onion (chopped)
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp. vinegar (we used sukang Ilocos)
4 tbsp. soy sauce
1. Pour the water in a big cooking pot & bring to a boil.
2. Put in the pork belly, onions, 1tbsp salt, bay leaves & peppercorns. Simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
3. Remove the meat from the pot and let it cool down.
4. Spread 1 tbsp of salt on the meat, make sure to distribute it evenly on all sections.
5. We should deep fry the meat. On a dry frying pan, place the cooking oil and heat it up.
6. When the oil is hot enough, put in the meat & cook until the bottom part is brown. Flip the meat to cook the opposite part.
7. Remove the meat from the pan, let it cool down a little then slice according to desired portions. Place in a plate with paper towels so the oil from meat will be absorbed.
8. Serve with sauce and enjoy!
Making the sauce:
1. Put in the water, onion, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl.
2. Stir thoroughly until well blended.
Serve and enjoy!