Warm up yourself with this flavorful La Paz batchoy! It is a well-known noodle soup dish from Iloilo City.
- 1 kg mami noodles
- 1 medium-size onion, quartered
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp shrimp paste (bagoong)
- 1 tbsp peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 10-12 cups beef/pork stock
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- salt to taste
- 250g pork
- 150g pork liver
- 150g shrimps
- 1 pc chicken breast
- chicharon, crushed
- chopped garlic, fried
- chopped spring onion
- In a large pot, pour in 10-12 c. of stock (from boiled beef and pork bones) and add all broth ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and blanch shrimp until cooked.
- Remove shrimp from the pot, remove the shell and head each shrimp, set aside.
- Add in pork, chicken, and liver in the pot, let simmer for 25 minutes or until pork, chicken, and liver are tender add more stock if necessary.
- Remove pork, chicken, and liver from the pot, drain and let cool.
- Continue simmering the broth in low heat until ready to serve, season with salt to taste.
- Slice the pork, chicken, and liver into thin strips and set aside.
- Place noodles in a serving bowl and pour the strained boiling stock over the noodles. Top with pork, chicken, liver, shrimp.
- Garnish with chicharon, spring onion, and fried garlic.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your la paz batchoy!
You might like this recipe too: Maki Mi Soup Recipe
Source: http://www.pinoyrecipe.net/la-paz-batchoy-recipe/ Image: http://ffemagazine.com/