The mere mention of “liempo” will turn heads (and heels!) wherever you go. Liempo is already a star in its own right, but to soak it in a savory marinade and cook it over a heap of burning coals is a different story!
It is usually prepared as a main course for lunch or dinner, but your drinking buddies surely wouldn’t mind some grilled pulutan. Level up your outdoor dinner with this quick and easy Inihaw na Liempo (Grilled Pork Belly) recipe!
- 1 kg liempo (pork belly), 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup calamansi or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine marinade ingredients then marinate pork belly for at least 3 hours or in a fridge overnight.
- Remove the pork belly and then reserve the marinade.
- Combine ketchup and oil in the marinade then mix well for basting.
- Grill marinated pork belly over hot charcoal for 10 minutes on each side or until tender while basting with marinade mixture.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with steamed rice and spicy toyo-mansi. Enjoy your grilled pork belly!
You might like this recipe too: Special Inihaw na Pusit Recipe