A combination of all-time Filipino favorites- Humba and Adobo! It is simple to cook so your family can enjoy it once in a while.
- 1kg pork belly (liempo), cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup peanuts, skinned and toasted (or salted black beans)
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 pcs bay leaf
- 1 tsp peppercorns, crushed
- salt, to taste
- In a pot, put the liempo and water (just enough to cover the meat). Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove the scum and lower the heat.
- Add the garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, bay leaf, and peppercorns.
- Simmer until the pork is tender.
- When the cooking liquid has evaporated, leaving just about less than a cup, stir once in a while to avoid burning the bottom. Wait until the pork renders its own fat then skim it off again.
- Add the peanuts and then season according to your preference.
- Serve and enjoy your humbadobo!
You might like this recipe too: Adobong Baboy na Tuyo Recipe