Pichi Pichi is a popular delicacy that can be enjoyed as a snack or served as a dessert at special occasions such as parties and celebrations. Whether you serve it with grated coconut or grated cheese, it is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth!
- 1 1/2 cups grated cassava
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 pandan leaves
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp lye water (lihia)
- Food color (color of your choice)
- Grated coconut
- Grated cheese
- Melted butter, for greasing
- First, prepare the cassava. Peel off its skin then wash with water.
- Grate the cassava then set aside.
- Next, boil the pandan leaves in 2 cups of water until reduced to 1 cup.
- In a mixing bowl, pour the boiled water with pandan. Add the sugar then stir well.
- Add the food color and lihia then stir well.
- Add the grated cassava then mix well.
- Brush some melted butter in each molder cup. Then put pichi-pichi mixture in each molder cup.
- Arrange them properly in the steamer. Steam until the mixture becomes translucent.
- While still hot, remove the cooked mixture from the cup.
- Roll some pieces into the grated cheese and some pieces into the grated coconut.
- Serve and enjoy your pichi-pichi with grated cheese and coconut!
Pichi-Pichi with Grated Cheese and Coconut Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
You may also want to check this recipe>>> Puto Cheese Recipe